Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Poems by My Sister...


Photo: Headed out for that 8-6....Feeling Bright! 


Happy Monday from Humana ♥♥♥


Hey Y'all,
I love to showcase the talent of my family so today I will share a couple of poems written by my beautiful sister Vanessa. She wrote these when she was a teenager and gave them all to me. When I found them in a folder this morning I thought they would be perfect for today's poetry post.

I hope you enjoy them.

Questions at Night

Why?
Is the Sky?

What starts the thunder over head?
Who makes the crashing noise?
Are the angles falling out of bed?
Are they breaking all their toys?

Why does the sun go down so soon?
Why do the night clouds crawl hungrily up the
new-laid moon and swallow it shell and all?

If there's a bear among the stars as all the people
say, won't he jump over those pasture - bars
and drink up the mily way?
Does every star that happens to fall
Turn into a fire fly?
Can't it ever get back to heaven at all?

And why
is the Sky?

Dreams
Hold fast to your dreams
For if dreams die
life is a broken winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

Until next time...
MUAH

No comments:

Post a Comment