Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Adoption Wednesday


Hey y'all... as you read my blog you'll start to learn lots about my family which consists of nine children, eight of which my mom adopted. So every Wednesday I'll do a post about adoption or foster care on the domestic front.

Here's some information I got from TargetMarket News... According to the Administration for Children and Families, there are currently 496,000 children in the foster care system and, of these, 130,000 are available for adoption. Thirty-one percent of the children in foster care waiting to be adopted are African American; African American children are overrepresented in the foster care population relative to their percentage in the U.S. general population.

This makes me wonder why the heck all the stars are adopting outside of the states? I get that it's a bit more difficult to adopt here BUT there is a huge need. Come on y'all lets get some of these precious kids out of the system and give them a home!

Until next time
MUAH!


No comments:

Post a Comment