Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Adoption Wednesday: Points from a Lady

Hey Y'all:

It's been quite some time since I've posted an Adoption Wednesday post, so here is some food for thought from a very good friend of my Kaeisha O'Neal (she was one of the beautiful people I spotlighted during Black History Month.

-----

Maybe it is the recent birth announcements that have me thinking so much about babies and the meaning of family.

I have to ask: What if every professional/upward mobile/stable family adopted at least one baby. Imagine if just 100,000 strong families (strong in spirit; finances; education and service) just took the time to bring a baby that is not biologically theirs into their lives and raise them like it’s their own. That will be 100,000 more positive advanced people in our world. The impact will be tremendous.

These days the “look” of not all your children being your own is long gone. Who cares? With all the issues in the world this is a drop in the bucket. Its 2010 not 1910.

This may be a bad metaphor but as rapper Redman said “It’s time for some action.” Talking about making the world better isn’t good enough…we need to be aggressive. You remember the cheer (B-E A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E)?

Let’s get to work people.

Just my 2 cents.

Get busy people!

Until next time...
MUAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment