Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, October 7, 2011

I Have A Dream!

Hey Y'all:

I know, I know, I haven't been on in a while. I'm sorry.
I have so much to share with you thought. I have to start first with my experience today!

I had lunch with Steve Harvey! Ok not by myself but with an exclusive group of Multicultural media folks. Today's lunch was Steve's petition to get the word out about one of his philanthropic efforts - The Disney Dreamers Academy.

The Disney Dreamers Academy is a partnership between Steve Harvey, Essence Magazine and Walt Disney World Resorts . 100 High School students are nominated by parents, teachers, friends or guardians who write essays about their need for inspiration and direction in achieving their dreams. The program’s aim is to expose teens to creative and nontraditional career opportunities in everything from culinary arts to animation, set design and show production to the business of sports, while inspiring them to exceed the boundaries of their dreams and imaginations!

The Dreamers Academy will celebrate its 5th graduating class in 2012. The nomination process is open until 10/31 so please nominate someone you know and share the link with your family and friends! It's a life altering event!


Until next time...
MUAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment