Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolution vs. Goal

Hey Y'all

Happy New Year to you! I pray that you had a wonderful holiday season and are geared up for an exciting 2012; I know I am!

So I was thinking about all the resolutions I could make this year and all the ones that I made last year that lasted for about a week; you know the typical ones - lose weight, read more yada yada yada... this year I decided I wanted to do some fact finding before I made any resolutions.

I wondered... what is the difference between a resolution and a goal.

A goal is an observable and measurable end result having one or more objectives to be achieved within a more or less fixed time frame.

A resolution is a firm decision to do or not to do something. Based on these definitions I think people fail at resolutions because they aren't paired with fixed time frames and measurable end results.

I won't be making any resolutions this year but setting goals for myself and my family. I won't make them public but I will write them and pray that I am able to follow through!

Did you make any New Year resolutions?

Until next time...
MUAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment