Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Lesson In Patience

pa·tience

1. the quality of being patient,  as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.

2. an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay: to have patience with a slow learner.
3. quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence: to work with patience.
When she woke up this morning at 3:33 a.m. crying because she wanted to sleep in my bed I held my ground and didn't let her, no matter how long she cried.

When he continued to ask me to play on the computer at 7:30 a.m. I told him in a firm clear voice that he could go to sprout online later.

When I woke up and found that my phone was turned off (even though it's my only way to connect with people who may be interested in hiring me) I didn't flip out I just gave my potential employer my home phone number and kept it moving.

I'm learning patience and it's not easy. I can be a VERY impatient person. When driving I am that person who is "cussing" (I don't really curse I say things like big dummy and seriously) my fellow road warriors out. When things aren't going my way I have to walk away before I hurt someone. Patience is not something I can honestly say I possess. I must be honest and share that this time of unemployment and being home with my children is really teaching me how to be patient. I like the second definition of patience above "an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay".

I know that as a Christian I must have patience because is it one of the fruits of the spirit. I want to live a life of patience and I guess I have to be tested to see how far off course I am. I am determined to win this test.

As a parent do you struggle with any of the fruits of the spirit?


Until next time...
MUAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment