Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, January 21, 2013

L.O.V.E. Is More Than a Four Letter Word

Hey Y'all,

Today has been such an amazing day. I watched the Second Inauguration of the first African American President of the United States of America on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day and the head of my household put our 8 year old in place.

Love in my family is more than a four letter word it stands for Living Overjoyed and Victorious Everyday... when I hear my husband speak to our children in love and in reprimand, I'm reminded of how very blessed I am to have a present father in the house with my children. Many fathers live with their children but aren't 'present' they are there physically but not emotionally. I'm so glad that I can say my husband is very present in our children's lives. He play fights with them one moment and the next he's teaching Erick and Myles what it means to be a man in the way he cares for my daughter and I. My husband is a REAL father. I do compare him to Dr. King and President Obama. He is the head of our family and he makes it clear to our children that they aren't in charge of any decision making but that we are. My husband wants to best for our children just like Dr. King did for his and my husband is teaching our family to embrace our challenges and make a change,  just like President Obama is for America.

Erick is 8 and VERY head strong. He can be argumentative and always want to have the last say (wonder where he gets that from). His father doesn't play the talking back, smart mouth etc. He's no joke... he doesn't yell but you can tell in the way that he speaks (especially when he uses their full name) that he's no longer playing but he's very serious. I didn't grow up with my dad in the house so seeing this side of my husband makes me  proud that I'm giving my children something I never had. A present father. I know that my boys are going to grow up knowing how to follow the rules and take heed to authority because they are experiencing it at home.

I L.O.V.E. my family and thank God he loaned these four people to me for a time.

Until next time...
MUAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment