Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, May 2, 2013

True Love

Hey Y'all,

"Truly" was the last spelling word on my 8 yr old's list for homework one night. "My dad is truly in love with my mom" was the sentence he came up with.

My husband and I hug, kiss and show plenty of affection towards one another in the presence of our children. Our youngest son 'screams like a girl' (his words not mine) when ever we kiss in front of him. Our daughter say's 'do it again' and my oldest apparently just watches. He knows what love is. He knows that his mom and dad may have lively discussions (we don't argue) and even disagree but he know's that his dad is truly in love with his mom and vice versa.

I didn't grow up with my dad in the house and didn't see him everyday. I didn't see my parents kiss or show one another affection.Aside from my mom preparing my dads meal with care I can't say that I ever saw the affection a man gave to a woman.

I'm blessed and I know it. I'm blessed because my husband and I are able to give our children everything that we lacked in the area of marriage and relationship as children. I pray that our children continue to see our love and know that's it right to show affection toward their loved ones. I posted this picture on my Facebook page and I now have 66 likes! I'm glad that others appreciate what I have and am proud to share.

Until next time...
MUAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment