Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Books to Start Your Year

Hey Y'all:

At the top of each year I like to read books that will help guide me through a successful year. 
I just finished reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho which I found to be quite life changing, inspiring and spiritually uplifting; I thought it fitting to share my list of books for the first 3 months of the year with you.

  1. The Bible I think it's important to get spiritually in tune at the to of the year so why not read the bible again? There are great study bibles and sites that will help you organize your reading for the year. I just started today and play to be consistent throughout this year. 
  2. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho is about the journey of a shepherd boy named Santiago. Santiago, believing a dream to be prophetic, decides to travel to the pyramids of Egypt to find treasure. On the way, he encounters love, danger, opportunity and disaster. One of the significant characters that he meets is an old king named Melchizedek who tells him about discovering his personal legend: what he always wanted to accomplish in his life. And that "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." This is the core philosophy and motto of the book.
  3. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne The Secret explains, with simplicity, the law that is governing all lives, and offers the knowledge of how to create - intentionally and effortlessly - a joyful life.
Happy Reading.

Until next time...
MUAH

No comments:

Post a Comment