Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Adoption Wednesday: Cabbage Patch Kids

Hey Y'all:

I just received an email from Babycenter.com that bought back some very fond memories. Do you remember Cabbage Patch Kids?


Unlike Baby Alive or My Very Real Baby which you received when you were 5 or 6 and played the role of Mommy telling people the baby came out of your tummy;  a Cabbage Patch Kid was adopted.

I'm not sure who came up with this very cleaver idea but when I received my first Cabbage Patch Kid at the age of 8 I was already familiar with adoption and I was excited to adopt my very first child just like my mommy. My dolls name was Anita and she was a cute preemie. I loved her with all of my heart and was so happy to make her a part of my family. Adoption has always been a part of my life and I will continue to be an advocate for it as long as I live.

I am looking forward to Leah adopting her first Cabbage Patch Kid. I pray that she falls as much in love with her doll and the gift of adoption as I have.

Until next time...
MUAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment