Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, August 13, 2012

Leah Simone Designs - The Beginning

Hey Y'all,

I haven't posted a blog in a while. I'm not going to waste time talking about why but I will say I've been BUSY and surprisingly enough it wasn't because of the kids. Yes, mommy school has been in full swing and they've been out of town for a little while with Nana but I've been busy starting a new business! During the summer I typically wear my hair braided because it's easier to manage. So at the beginning of this summer I was going about my usual 5 hour routine of sitting in the African Hair braiding salon getting my box braids done. I brought along the typical fair to get me through the process, a book some eats and this time yarn and crochet hooks. I was attempting to reintroduce myself to the craft of crocheting. I've known how to crochet for quite some time and had actually just made a rather pretty blanket for my sisters baby shower. This particular day I was trying my hand at a new stitch and had no idea what I was doing.

Well while attempting my project I noticed a woman who was also crocheting but she was making a five point star blanket! It was beautiful and I was mesmerized. She was kind enough to ask me what I was making. When she looked at my project she shook her head and asked what I was trying to make. I laughed and a conversation started.

Fast forward four months and I'd like to introduce you to Leah Simone Designs where we feature hand made crochet items from star shaped baby blankets to amazing earrings. Leah Simone Designs are the must have crochet accessory for mommy or baby! ! Not only did I learn how to make a five star blanket but I also know how to make a six star blanket, booties, beanie caps, pocketbooks for children and adults just to name a few items. Leah Simone Designs (named after my daughter) is my new passion. Since I've been unemployed I've been trying to figure out how I can make some extra money and who knew that the gift was right on my finger tips. Please check out and like my fan page on facebook and place an order. If you are looking for a quick fix buy some earrings. If you need a baby gift order a blanket. I promise that you won't be disappointed.

Until next time...
MUAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment