Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, October 22, 2012

Sacrifices Must Be Made!

Hey y'all,

I'm back to work and so very happy about it, but sacrifices are being made and sometimes that doesn't make for a happy mama.

Over the past week I realized how much we actually sacrifice as parents for the futures of our children and how many parents before us did the same thing. Over the past week I learned what it must feel like for parents who, in the early days left the South to come North and build a better life for their children or how it feels today for parents who migrate to America leaving their children home; to make a better life for them here. Many families are separated for years only visiting for brief periods. Over the past week I had to live out of state away from my children because of the expense of travel. Starting a new job is tight on the pockets so you have to think with your head and not your heart.

It was NOT easy.

After being home with the twins for almost 9 months dropping off and picking Erick up from school, preparing dinner, doing homework etc. then having to stop everything cold turkey was a battle. Last week I couldn't even tuck my babies into bed at night, smooch them in the morning or reprimand them for hiding in the closet and knocking down all of the clothes. Last week I didn't get to watch Nick or Disney Jr and I honestly missed it, I missed them!

I am so thankful for my husband. He is absolutely amazing, caring and willing to sacrifice for the bigger picture. He took on the role of a single parent and did a bang up job.

Parents enjoy the time you spend with your children. It's often tiring but so worth it. They say you never miss the water until the well has gone dry and that is the truth.

Until next time... I'm going to smooch my babies
MUAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment