Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Beginning of Birth Pains

Hey Y'all:

My heart is heavy today.
I've been surfing the web and have seen many pictures of the devastation in Haiti. No doubt the death toll will be extremely high. My prayers and thoughts are with all those who are here in the states and feel helpless and especially to those in Haiti right now.

The title of this blog is from Matthew 24:8. I am a Christian and besides praying when I heard about the earthquake, this passage of scripture stood out to me.
.
3As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"
 4Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,[a]' and will deceive many. 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.
 I truly believe that this is one of the signs. These things however sad and unfortunate, MUST happen before Christ can return.

I'm praying for you my readers and I hope you are praying for me as well.

Here are a few ways I pulled from NewsOne.com you can help the victims:

Donate $$ via text message:
1. Donate $5 to the Yele Haiti Earthquake Fund (Wyclef Jean’s Foundation) by texting “Yele” to 501501 (the amount will be charged to your cell phone bill) or visit www.Yele.org and click “Donate.”
2. Donate $10 through the U.S. Dept. of State:  text “HAITI” to “90999″ and $10 will be given automatically to the Red Cross, charged to your cell phone bill.  Or call (800) RED-CROSS.
Donate $$ via the Internet or US Mail:
1. Save the Children. Donate at savethechildren.org or make checks out to “Save the Children” and mail to: Save the Children Income Processing Department, 54 Wilton Road, Westport, Conn. 06880
2. UNICEF. Go online to unicefusa.org/haitiquake (site may load slowly) or call (800) 4UNICEF.
3. Direct Relief International. Donate online at directrelief.org.
4. Mercy Corp. Go online to mercycorps.org or mail checks to Haiti Earthquake Fund, Dept. NR, PO Box 2669, Portland, Ore. 97208 or call (888) 256-1900
NEED INFORMATION?

Americans seeking info on family in Haiti, call toll free 1-888-407-4747.

Until next time...
MUAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment