Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Adoption Wednesday: Another Alternative


Hey Y'all:

I know it's been quite some time since I've posted an Adoption Wednesday post and I do apologize. I was going through a little something with my family and wasn't feeling to good about talking adoption, since I was pretty much told I've been a bad adoptive sister. None the less I'm still an advocate but want to share something a little different today.

If you are unable to adopt a child how about a pet?
A very dear friend of mine had to put her life long family pet Shadow, down earlier this year. Shadow was 15 years old and was a rescue puppy. My friend is now looking to adopt a new pet. After intense searching she found a few great websites that helped her in her search. She's still waiting for approval but she'll soon have a beautiful dogie (that's what Myles calls them) to call her own.

If you are considering the addition of a pet to your family please think about adopting instead of buying a really expensive pet from the pet store or breeder. There are domestic animals out there who need your love.

Here are a few good sites to aide you with your search.
Adopt A Pet
PetFinder
Humane Society
ASPCA

Until next time...
MUAH!

1 comment:

  1. Animals can bring such joy to your life. We have our cat Harley and I can't imagine life without him and the kids. He has taken on the personality of all of us in the house.

    ReplyDelete